Colon is basically the large intestine, which is a main part of our digestive system. It is mainly responsible for some vital functions, such as re-absorption of salts and water from solid wastes that form inside after digestion and before being eliminated from our body. Normally, it is the peristaltic intestinal movement which ensures proper excretion of wastes from our body after 16 to 24 hours of food consumption. There are people, however, who suffer from waste build-up in the body, which is triggered by a malfunctioning colon. This can lead to the accumulation of toxins and wastes.
What Makes the Colon Toxic?
The colon turns toxic due to various reasons. For instance, when there is less activity in the colon, it will have a slow and sluggish function and may not be able to eliminate wastes properly. There are some key reasons why the colon malfunctions, such as:
- Lack of balanced diet
- No activity or workout
- Drug addiction
- Lifestyle factors
- Reduced water consumption
What Happens when Waste is deposited Inside the Colon?
When the colon stops functioning and waste is deposited inside. It can cause various symptoms like:
- Lower energy levels
- Bad breath
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Weight gain/weight loss
- Protruding belly
- Unexplained fatigue and lethargy
If the colon is not cleansed thoroughly, toxic wastes will build up continuously and may even cause severe problems like gall bladder disease, asthma, liver disease, and heart disease. Regular bowels prevent waste deposition inside the colon. But there are people who may not have normal or regular bowels. In such cases, extensive cleansing is required to be done at home for removing wastes.
Colon Cleansing Home Remedies
- Lemon Juice Cleansing: Lemon is one of the most potent sources of antioxidants. It is also an excellent source of vitamin C. It plays an important role for our digestive system and it the best choice for cleansing the colon. Concoctions of lemon juice, warm water, honey and sea salt should be consumed every day, preferably in the morning, on an empty stomach. It will boost bowel movements and provide energy.
- Apple Juice Cleansing: Freshly made apple juice is also an excellent home remedy to cleanse your colon. Apple juice should be taken regularly for maintaining healthy colon functions. It improves bowel functions and liver functions, and aids in digestion.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a natural antibacterial agent that provides the body with good probiotic bacteria. It is an excellent source of natural calcium. It aids most stomach problems and keeps the colon clean.